
We carved our pumkins today. It was lots of fun. This is one of my favorite things to do at Halloween. Mine is the far left, Evelyn's in the middle. (if you can't tell she has pacifier for a mouth)Trent's on the right, love the grin. I have never been the biggest Halloween fan. In fact I used to hate it. I love the cutsie stuff about it and HATE all the scary gross stuff. A haunted house I went to in 4th grade changed everything. We lived in Pinetop AZ at the time and the 6th graders were putting on a haunted house in a classroom. Everyone was talking about it for weeks..so excited right? Any kid would be!! We anxiously lined up in the hall with our 50 cents to get in. The first part wasn't that scary to me. But, as I kept going...I couln't help but be scared. It was like this crazy maze. I didn't really have any friends around me. To hang on to or anything. Towards the end I came upon these loose boards you have to walk across. When..all of the sudden someone...or something had grabbed my ancle and wouldn't let go. I saw a face come up as well...I was SO SCARED!! I grabbed on to some boy in my class and we were both trying to get out of there ASAP. I ended up bawling when I got out. Never again did I go to another haunted house...and probably won't ever again in my lifetime. So there you have it the story that scarred me. Thanks to the stupid 6th grader who ruined me...lol. This is probably also the reason I don't do scary movies. Intense I love but not scary. I was about to cry in the theater when I saw "I am Legend" with Trent. I think about them way to long after...in my dreams also. So, I am curious if you are like me or love to be scared. Let me know!!
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
OuR HaLLowEen PrEP
Posted by Trent & Tara at 5:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
19 comments:
I remember that haunted house. I was so scared I hung on to the boy in front of me and said my first bad word becasue I was so scared.
I am not a fan of scary things either, maybe that is were it came from.
Those pumpkins are too cute! Weren't those elementary school haunted houses just the best?...yeah right, I was too scared to try...you were braver than me! I think I am just like you when it comes to scary stuff...not my thing! Especially haunted houses. My "never go thru haunted houses ever again" story happened once I graduated high school (sad, I know). My friends made me be the first one in the line, well actually they pushed me in front, and this freaky person thing jumped out right in my face. I screamed so loud and accidentally punched her (it was my first instinct, couldn't help it) in the face and got kicked out immediately! I was actually very relieved about getting out and being done with it. Then the next weekend, I was out on a date and we went thru another one...long story short, I was so scared that I peed my pants. It was one of those dates were we went to DI and dressed eachother up for like $5, so thankfully I still had another outfit to wear...he was a good guy though cause he still asked me out again...lol!
Cute pumpkins! I love the binky in the baby one! I hate scary movies as well. I used to like them when I was younger and I liked going to haunted houses, but ever since I have had kids I really don't like them. I don't know why.
I love your little pumpkin family, how cute! The binky idea is adorable! Tara I am just like you when it comes to scary stuff, I HATE it! I seriously felt traumatized after I saw "I Am Legend" and I couldn't sleep at all that night because I kept thinking I was seeing those weird monster things in the hallway. I went to a haunted forest once up in Logan and seriously thought I was going to die! I hate the scary Halloween stuff too, but I love the cutsie stuff. Especially now that I have a toddler to dress up and take trick-or-treating.
By the way - that picture is so cute of you and Evelyn. For some reason Evelyn reminds me of Breya a little bit in that picture. She is so big and pretty!
okay, you're pumpkins are the best i've seen! i ran by them this morning and couldn't help chuckling at that dang binky!
i like to be scared, it's fun for me, but i do not like it when things seem evil. that really bothers me. so i guess i'm half and half.
Hitchcock movies are my favorite because they are scary but not gory/gross.
I HATE scarey movies and being scared. I escepially hate crazy,phsyco-cut-you-into-pieces-while-you're-still-alive crap. Anyways, your pumpkins are cute!
Tara you are silly! I dont know why you think you dont look good in those pictures...what baby weight? I dont see it! Seriously I was looking at your pictures and cant see it. Wait let me look again, oh still not there!:) I had to have c-sections (I think I read that you did too) and so I have a funny looking pooch around the scar that is very hard to hide sometimes...I told my doctor that when he delivers my last child he needs to tuck that in for me :) I try "sucking it in" all the time, lol! Oh, and the JuiceMan Machine has become my new best friend. Veggie Juices are SO YUMMY, yeah right! But for real, you look amazing for having had a baby!
I am the same way! I hate anything scary and I Am Legend did that to me too! We watched it at home, but I ended up in the other room while Brent watched it all alone. :) I just don't enjoy being scared like some poeple do. But cute halloween stuff is the best! I love your pumpkins!
I am a HUGE haunted house fanatic!! We're actually going to Asylum 49, which is an old Mental Hospital which is claimed to really be haunted! I'm totally excited!!
With the leg thing, I was at the lake with the YW/YM once, sitting on the dock with my legs in the water & someone came under the dock & grabbed my legs and started to pull me down. SCARED ME TO DEATH!! So I understand where you're coming from on that!
Tara, adorable pumpkins. The pacifier idea was so clever! Cute!
I like scary movies... I really do. But my husband is so not a fan so it has been a while for me. I've been deprived of a good scare.
Hey Tara! Just wanted to say that little Evelyn is such a doll!!!! Your pumpkins are pretty cute, too, haha. Anyway, scary movies and haunted houses....I don't like them either. I actually sat in the lobby at the theater during I Am Legend after a few minutes for the rest of the movie!!! It didn't help me being afraid of the dark, that's for sure! Happy Halloween!
I'm with you on the scarey stuff.. i hate it and get really terrified of people in masks...I actually punched the owner of a restraunt where we had an awards banquet for my volleyball team in college (it was on halloween and he had a mask on, and grabbed my shoulder) the worst part is my fiance LOVES halloween and scaring people..so I'm gonna be terrified for the rest of my life :(
I don't really dig the kind of scary movies that come out these days, but I LOVE old horror flicks....silly B movies mostly and vintage sci-fi (grew up on that stuff!). I do love Halloween, but it took me 23 years to feel that way :)
p.s. Cute pumpkins!
I had to have a csection for basically the same reason...dang pelvis! The only difference was that I never dilated passed a 1 and they tried everything. One of my sisters had the same problem, small pelvis and no dilation. I was in the hospital for two days before they decided to take Garen by surgery...it pretty much was the hardest thing to go thru cause I felt really cheated as a new mother. I really wanted to have a normal delivery! but without the csection, I wouldn't have made it and either would the baby, so I am so grateful for that! I think the second time around was easy-peasy! I guess it was because your body already experienced that "stress" and is quicker at getting back to normal. I was so suprised at how great it really was. I didn't even take one dose of medication after the surgery, definitely a better hospital experience. The nurses were shocked that I wasn't in any pain...even Larry was amazed cause the first one was very painful. Hopefully all will be that way!:) Hope that helps!
cutest pumpkins I have seen yet this year, it is Halloween day and I have to work and the pumpkin is not yet carved. Maybe at lunchtime I can get it done.
Yeah, when I was in fourth grade, I went to the haunted house that the sixth graders put on and I ended up bawling and they gave me my money back. Also, four years ago on Halloween, I went to a party and the Grim Reaper was following me around and I started crying (and I was like, 23 yrs old then), anyway, it turned out to be my sister-in-law's dad, but he was so freaking scary!
the binky pumpkin is my fav! I hate scary stuff too. we did a corn maze once and the clown was so freaky and kept following us...long story short there were some tears and we were OUTTA there, never to go back again!
I'm exactly like you. I like intense...I despise scary. I dream about it forever after, especially when I'm pregnant.
I do love Halloween for the candy and sugar cookies. I'm a total candy girl and I only feel justified eating sugar cookies a couple of times per year, and Halloween is one of those occasions. And, I also love to carve pumpkins.
Sis, hey i remember that haunted house too! It was way scary at the time!! I wish we could have gone in together. i would have been your friend I love you!Kendra
Post a Comment