Wednesday, January 26, 2011

PILATES INSTRUCTOR


Tonight I passed a Pilate's certification course. You see I made the decision to teach a Pilate's class when I move back to Nevada in May. There is NO GYM THERE. And I have become very very fond of having a gym in my life. I love to workout and feel that the best and easiest way to do that is in a group setting at a gym class. My sister in law Annie Leavitt teaches a Zumba class 2 times a week. She was awesome in getting the ball rolling for fitness in our valley! There is an old gymnasium there that has been restored. They have a dance room that has mirrors. That is where I will be teaching my class. Hoping that the size of the class will allow me to stay in there. The truth is I have always secretly wanted to get into fitness and teach a class. But, just didn't see the point up here because there were plenty of instructors at the gym kicking my butt hard enough. Annie & I used to talk about starting up exercising in Logandale/Overton. Its pretty cool that we will both be doing different classes. Well, I am pretty stoked and Pilate's really is my favorite thing to do...so if you live in Moapa Valley be on the lookout for my class that will probably start in May!

6 comments:

Julie said...

Tara that is great! Maybe we should have a play date and you can teach me some good moves to get started!! :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Tara!!! You are a woman of many talents!

Nycole said...

Congrats! I have heard lots of people love the Zumba class and wish there were even more classes to take.

I am sure you will have a great turnout!

Nate and Keshia said...

How exciting! That sounds like a great set-up for you. Have a great time! And your girls are darling as ever. I especially LOVE the Book of Mormon picture.

Zach & Lizzy said...

Tara this is AWESOME!! Congrats!! You will be the best teacher EVER :)

Krysta said...

hmm maybe the vally doesn't look so bad?