Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Hair Troubles..


Today I had a hard time with coloring my hair. First off, I have to color it 24/7 now cause I get so much greys...that right folks gray hair!! I never thought I would get it so bad this early in life. It started to happen right after I had Evelyn. It seems to be increasing all the time now. Its a real downer for me:( Well, I usually dye my hair from Sally's Beauty supplies. But, I was in Walmart and didn't want to make an extra trip. So, I grabbed this Feria Loreal box. I wanted to go lighter. I like my hair darker..and Trent likes is more of a medium brown. So, I thought what the heck. Well, I went through all the trouble of putting it on my head. And showered rinsed, the works. (not easy or fun to experience on your own). I looked in them mirror...the result....my same dark hair with orange/red tips...pretty ugly. Uh, I wasted $10, smelling crappy fumes...while killing brain cells for nothing. So, when Evelyn got up from her nap. I went and got the normal Sally's color I always get and it fixed it. Ahhh....so annoying. I think this happens to all of us. We see the box, the beautiful girl and think: Well, if I get this color I can look as pretty as her..then comes the disappointment. They totally know what will make it sell. Needless to say I am now back to my boring dark brown/black color for now.

11 comments:

ShEiLa said...

I think this is a problem fairly common for brunettes and store hair color. This happened to my friend Jessica... but it was bright orange at her roots. Not pretty... she has a hairdresser cousin/aunt? that instructed her to Sally's and hers was fixed as well... for less than she paid for the cute little boxed up kind.

Not fun! I guess sticking with what you know isn't laziness its necessity... unless you love Orange hair.

ToOdLeS.

Tiffany said...

Are you kidding me? I think your hair is gorgeous, I'm always jealous of it!!
At least you don't have to deal with blonde and the dark dirty-dishwater ROOTS that constantly grow in. I swear I would have to re-hilight my hair every three weeks if I never wanted roots. I wish I could figure out how to do it on my own.
Being a girl can be such a pain sometimes, I feel for you!

(By the way, Isaac has a lot of gray hairs now too!)

Ty and Marla Stevens said...

(A) NEVER get Feria that is one of the WORST colors out there. (B) if you color your hair your self NEVER try to go lighter then what you are. color wont lift color. Color is tricky I worked under someone for two years after school so that I would know what I was doing before I whent and got a job at a salon!

Annie Leavitt said...

ah, the foibles of hair coloring. and think it's great advice from marla.

i pull red every time i dye my hair, so i buy this little bottle called "no more red" that you put drops into the mixture. works great. but you don't seem to need that with your darker color. i love your hair color! tell trent to fork over for a salon job if he wants it lighter : )

Rachelle said...

I feel your pain Tara. I've found some gray hairs too and it's awful! Thankfully I can still pull them out, but I'm sure it's coming way too fast.

Natalie said...

I have never colored my own hair before, but I think I should maybe give it a try...especially if it will save me $80 from the salon! :) What brand do you use, and is it fairly easy to figure out on your own? My hair is desperately in need of a touch up, but I am preggo again and think that I better wait till after the first trimester or so.

JTYARDLEY said...

In your pictures your hair always looks great! If you try getting some highlights it will also hide the gray a bit better or distrack people from noticing anyways. Good Luck!

Lindsey Bell said...

I am having the same problem with gray hair! I was getting some before Makenzie was born, but after she was born, they have been coming in out of control. I have always just plucked out the gray hairs but now I am getting too many to keep up with. i don't want to die my hair because the problem is only at the roots right now. And, I don't want to look like a grandma yet!

Court said...

Ha! things like this have happened to me too which is why I opt for a professional to do it -always-. I think husbands have a thing about us looking like we did when they first fell in love with us. Josh is always trying to convince me to go platinum again...um, not going to happen :) oh, and I went gray early too. Plucking it out is definitely a lost cause for me now since I DO want to have some hair left!! :)

cassidy said...

If it makes you feel any better I have started to get grays now that I am pregnant...it freaks me out! And every time I try to dye my hair I end up crying all night because I hate it so much. I decided to grow it out and keep it my natural color, but now I have to deal with blond hair from my ears down and brown from my ears up! I think your hair looks beautiful dark brown, so I stay stick with what works!!

Justina Selim said...

I love your hair color! It looks so pretty with your skin color!