Sunday, September 20, 2009

L-O-N-E-L-Y



Normally I wouldn't ever post about a dead animal & hunting. However, right now this is what Trent is doing around Flagstaff, AZ. Yes, that is correct he has left me to do this...once again. (Pics from last year). This year he is bow hunting so it is a little trickier to get and Elk this way. You have to be way closer. He left the day AFTER our anniversary...it is a good thing too. I love it when this time of year comes because it means our anniversary, my birthday, holidays...but I hate it due to the fact that it is once hunting season again. He has been gone since Thursday & may be coming back as late as Thursday. I am very lonely without him. It gives me a taste of how I felt when he was on his mission...not fun. I can't sleep at all in our big bed alone. Plus I could always use help with Evelyn. I didn't come from a hunting family, so it is hard for me to make sense of it all. But, it is what he loves to do. I tell him, go get all your manly needs taken care of. To all you women out there that become widows for half of the year....we are very generous wives. Wish me luck as I possibly will have to fit a new wild animal into my freezer...which I hate to cook & eat...YUCKY!!

15 comments:

Natalie said...

Tara this is Larry! You wives that let your husbands go hunting are the best!( My wife being one of them!) My wife comes from a non-hunting family as well but she has come to understand that hunting is one thing that I love to do! It is something I was raised doing and plan to teach my boys as well! Natalie knows all to well that when hunting season is here she will not see much of me! But in the off season I give her all of my time and energy!Oh and to Trent Take a monster bull! Arizona is prime elk hunting country! Sorry that you are lonely but remember that it is only a month or so out of the whole year! Oh and could you post the pics of the bull he takes!

Annie Leavitt said...

oh dear, yes it hard to get used to. i found i had to do the things that i wanted to get done during that time (except when i'm 9 mo pregnant). i would visit friends, family. start and finish a project. fill it with something special and positive for you and evelyn and you will look forward to it.

ps-since ty didn't go i'll take all your meat off your hands. no problem : )

Julie Harward said...

Thats hard for you...sorry :(
But...look at the smile on his face! That is one happy guy, atleast he won't try to hand the head on your living room wall..would he?!

ShEiLa said...

I am very blessed not to be married to a hunter.

I am glad you let him do what Trent likes to do... but I hope they don't let the meat sit in the freezer all year just to toss it out. That is my only problem with some hunters I know.

ToOdLeS.

Tiffany said...

I am so glad Isaac doesn't hunt! You are very patient to let him go so much. I guess you and Evelyn will be having lots of "girls nights out" over the years!

Brittany said...

All I have to say is that I hope you have a separate freezer for that game meat. It would take up all the space in a normal one, right!? You should tell him those are your stipulations. They sell little ones at RC Willey - I only know cause Brent used to work there. I guess every wife has to let their husband have some "him" time and that's what yours loves to do! I'm sorry you're lonely. We should do something!

Court said...

...and I'm SO glad I married into that non-hunting family!!! I don't think Josh & I would've gotten married if he were any other way :) There were a few times when Cam was a baby that Josh had to fly out to CA for work stuff and he'd be gone for a week. It was definitely really hard for me too! I hope you can find ways to keep busy (and happy) while Trent is gone!

Terril Family said...

I feel your pain. Ha. Mike and I were going to get married in October. So glad we changed it to May. Otherwise, I may have never seen him on our anniversary.

You have to est ground rules when marrying into a family like that. Such as, no meat in your primary freezer and no "trophies" hanging in your house (the garage or man room are the only exceptions). And any other rules that you feel are necessary. Those are my main 2.

Good luck this next week. Have fun with miss Evelyn and enjoy girly time. Go get pedicures or do something fun.

mommay8 said...

Tara, I have to admit I used to hate it when Duane would go hunting and leave me with all the little ones. Then, as soon as the boys were around 5, Austin may have been younger, he would take them and grandpa May would help watch them around camp. This became a great bonding time for the boys and we girls had our own bonding time...movies, eating out, shopping. Now we wouldn't trade it because it's our "girl" vacation time. Find the positive...and enjoy!

Shels said...

Plan a girls trip with your friends! Its a great way to distract your mind and helps the time go by quicker. Plus, you will have so much FUN!! He's having fun, so you go have fun too! :) (suggestion-you could come to Logan and visit your one and only Dixie pal!)

The Good Ol Days said...

Tara, that your title picture is so beautiful!

You know the only cool thing about husbands hunting is they make you realize how manly and strong they are. I know I know, it sounds lame but its good to know that if you were starving, your husband would make a snare and trap a squirral for you:) The best is when they try to stuff the squirral and hang it on the wall next to the family pictures.

I think girls should be able to leave for shopping trips days at a time.

The Good Ol Days said...

that should say

Tara, your title picture is so beautiful

Natalie said...

I was suprisingly shocked to read Larry's comment...haha! This has been the first year that Larry hasn't drawn out and it feels a little weird! Don't tell him this, but I was kindof bummed that I didn't draw out either cause I really wanted to wear some pink camo and get a big buck! :) I never would have thought I would marry a hunter, but like Melissa said, it does make me feel like I married a manly man...I don't put up with wussy's, jk! We also decided that if Larry successful "harvests" (the lovely hunter lingo) an animal, I get to decide how it is mounted so that I can create a cozy, "mask" design for our home. I love feeling like I live in a cabin! :)

The Jones People said...

Luckily Nick isn't a hunter. But I totally get the "can't sleep in the big bed" thing. Nick works graveyard so 4 nights a week I go to bed and wake up by myself, not fun!!! I think you and Evelyn should go do tons of "girl" stuff this week and have tons of fun. It'll keep you mind off it and you'll have just as many stories to share when he gets back :) Good luck!

Michele and Todd said...

Hang in there sweetie, it is not going to change. I agree with Trish. Find some fun things to do with your friends, sisters and Mom.