1)Sunday night we realized that we didn't dodge the ball of catching the flu from my sister Kendra. Lyla was throwing up all night long....then I started in. Not as often but very violent and tough on my body. I wanted to die. I told Trent he had Lyla duty while I layed on the floor trying to survive. YUck.
2)Monday Trent stayed home from work to take care of the girls, because there was no way I could. I slept all day and threw up a total of 4 times. But, was just feeling ucky and achy most of the day.
3)Tues. I feel almost completely normal and I think we got this beat. Until, Lyla throws up while drinking her bottle of milk after her bath. SO SO MUCH CAME OUT. SO I RAN HER TO THE BATH AND HER AND EVELYN TOOK A SECOND BATH....WHAT IN THE HECK IS GOING ON HERE. I JUST KEPT PRAYING EVELYN AND DADDY WEREN'T GONNA CATCH IT.
4)Also Tues. Trent went with his parents and extended fam to the Las Vegas temple. His cousin Austrie went through tonight. She is heading out to her mission to Canada in Nov. I was bummed I couldn't go, but am glad I did because of what happened with Lyla!!
5)I ran over a toad and you know what they look like after you do that. I hate knowing I killed an animal...uck.
6)Also while I was driving I saw the coolest shooting star/meteor ever. It lasted for about 5 seconds and it was huge and green and pink. Amazing how small our little Earth is. It made my week.
7)Friday we celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary. How can that be?? Five years has flown by...and with two kids later who we never leave. We decided it was time to leave them overnight. We went to Vegas and road the Stratosphere big shot ride. It was really lots of fun, to do stuff and not worry about the girls. My mother in law & mom watched them. My mom graciously stayed overnight at our house for us. We also saw the Billagio water show and saw the gardens. We realized we were the only ones dressed down in the casinos as everyone was heading to clubs and to pick up some sleaseball. I like what Vegas has to offer, but hate that dirty, feel. As I was looking around at these people in casinos I felt sorry for how miserable they looked. I lead such an amazing life with my hubby, two kids, and the Gospel of Jesus Christ to guide me every step of the way.
8)Around 10 PM we were pooped and didn't want to pay an arm and a leg for a hotel on the strip. So, we got out our handy dandy GPS (we named her Gabby)and found a Best Western, it was ok, in not any means nice. Still too expensive if you ask me. And the worst thing... I forgot my amazing pillow that my dad just bought me and I fell in love with there. How could I be so airheaded. Some maid probably snatched it and is headed home now. How will I sleep tonight? SIGH.........
9)While we were up on the Stratosphere walking around the floor that has the windows. Trent and I got a taste of what the 9/11 victims felt like being up so high and helpless. And having to jump to their deaths and everything. How tragic really.
10)My mom said the girls did great while we were gone. It was really nice to get home to them. But, so nice to get a break as well. They really are good kids.
Sunday, September 18, 2011
The Weekly Ten :D
Posted by Trent & Tara at 4:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment