







































1)I sent in my broken camera and ordered me a new one. I am not too sad my Canon 40D broke, it was time for me to step it up in the equiptment department. I found a fabulous deal online for a Canon 60D that came with a package deal of 2 new lenses. OH BOY I AM STOKED!! Can't wait for it to come and shoot with it all.
2)Trent received something he has been waiting so long for. His Cyote Ford Mustang Engine. His college graduation present from his parents. He has worked so hard to get his 67 Mustang ready to put an engine in. Too, bad it still isn't set in there, he had to do some cutting to make it fit. Hopefully the next few days he'll get it in. I am really proud of the things that he can build and what he can accomplish if he puts his mind to it. This is a great quality he has. He is hoping to have it running by the end of the summer. We can't wait to go on dates in it. I am so happy he has a Mustang, I think they are really cool/classy cars. Doesn't the engine look so nice and shiny?
3)I made another St. George trip by myself on Tues. I needed to pick up some rocks for our front yard. My mother in law Camille was happy to watch the girls. I love having my family close it's awesome. To make a long story short, I finally got the rocks, but had to go all around town looking for them. And got flipped off by a loser of a guy. Why was driving lame on his phone, thought I cut him off but I didn't. I yelled at him to get off his phone. I think I am getting to be a more agressive driver like Trent behind the wheel. The rocks look great here is a pic.
4)I have to give myself a pat on the back I kept my house really clean 97% of the week. I just would disipline myself to pick up and not let things get outta hand. I kept up on laundry, dishes, keeping the counter and floors clean. This is a huge deal for me. Sat, and today the house got messy with us running around everywhere. But, I am not letting that change my behavior back.
5)Speaking of behavior I am reading the best parenting book for me.."The Power Of Positive Parenting". Oh how I have thrown myself into this way of parenting this week. I have done pretty good, and I feel like it has made Lyla, Evelyn, and I all happier...and we got along so well. But it takes lots of effort on my part. It's all about disiplining in a positive way. Things to/to not make a big deal about and much more. I have a huge stack of books I am trying to read and learn stuff from. Just not enough time in my day to do it. I did have a slight setback however. Evelyn was not being nice and I threatened to call the Easter bunny, well she did like want me to, so she made a tight fist in her hand and swung it like a bat right at my back, I was trying to keep my cool. But, then she was acting up so I told her I would call him again, fist punch again, in the same spot on my back. She really hurt me this time, so I did what the natural mind told me to do. Hit her back, by spanking her, and kind of flung her around the room, telling her we don't do that. Anger + Acting On Anger= GUILTY MOTHER!! As I was letting us take a break from each other in separate rooms, I was looking on Pinterest for a minute and found this quote from President Monson:“To you who are parents, I say, show love to your children. You know you love them, but make certain they know it as well. They are so precious. Let them know. Call upon our Heavenly Father for help as you care for their needs each day and as you deal with the challenges which inevitably come with parenthood. You need more than your own wisdom in rearing them.” President Thomas S. Monson * I think I was supposed to find this quote. It saved me that day. I was back into reading the positive parenting book.
6)I finished editing Mady Messer's senior pics and they turned out really great. She is beautiful inside and out. Seniors are my favorite shoots to do, hope to do some more this year.
7)Went to the fairgrounds Thursday for a community egg hunt with the girls. Some of my friends were going so I thought what the heck I will go. The girls had fun, Evelyn was a egg hogger and Lyla shyly picked up a few. But, I was a little let down with the contents in the eggs, fake tattoos and some small erasers, a few pieces of candy. L.A.M.E.
8)On Sat. we went out in the Overton wash and did lunch and another Easter Egg hunt with both the Adam and Leavitt family side. It was HOT but fun to get out. The girls had fun, well...Evelyn really had fun, Lyla missed her nap so she wanted to be at home instead.
9)I got a new replacement phone. My current cell phone wasn't working well and it was still under warranty. So, I used it up. My new one is great.
10)We did two more egg hunts today. One in the morning for the girls and another at my moms. My sister Elliah and her cute family came down from St. George and we had such a fun afternoon eating great food & talking about old family stories.
11)The Easter Bunny stepped things up this year. He left his powdered sugar footprints in our front room. Evelyn thought it was really neat. Then Trent told her to lick her finger and dip in in the footprints, she thought it was even cooler you could eat it. lol.
12)Trent and I also snuck out on a hot date Friday night. We went to Mesquite & ate at Los Lupes and saw the Hunger Games. Dinner was soooooo good. The movie was really good too. Interesting as well, we both didn't read the books. Maybe we would have liked it better if we did. Still blows Twilight out of the water. Way better!!
Sunday, April 8, 2012
A Weekly Easter Filled Ten...
Posted by Trent & Tara at 8:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Oh Tara, I am so glad you included that quote from President Monson! The story you told about you and Evelyn....is totally Justus & I right now! So frustrating, but that quote hits me in the heart, deeply! Thanks for sharing! I hope things change for the better for you, I know how challenging it is to not lose your cool. :)
Post a Comment