Sunday, April 22, 2012

I, I, I, I Work Out!!

I searched for and found a friend of mine I had met at the Gold's Gym in Provo Utah. Her name is Wendy Chatfield and she taught a pump class and a yogalates class. I started attending workout classes when we moved to Northern Utah five years ago. I loved working out in a class setting. It really was so much easier and funner than by yourself. It forces you to work oh so hard, and keeps you motivated. Whenever I would attend classes I thought how cool it would be to teach a fitness class. All the instructors were getting paid to work out, how cool was that??? Very. plus they were inspiring/helping others do that. They were the freaking bomb in my eyes. I have always been passionate about working out. My sister in law Annie Leavitt and I went to the gym sometimes together. We knew we were both heading back to the valley after our hubbies were done with construction management to take over their Dad's Electrician business. We talked about how much we loved to work out, and how screwed we were when we moved back to Moapa Valley, NV. We joked how we should both teach a class to stay in shape. Life moved on she moved back and started teaching her Zumba Class, oh man I was so excited for her, and excited I would at least have her class when I moved back. Then I thought oh wait I want to do this, if Annie can do it so can I. Then I thought about what I wanted to teach. I had really liked pump and pilates classes. Pilates mostly, I loved how well it toned you and balanced your mind out. So, I looked into it and certified myself. I was stoked to move back and now had something to look forward to. Now I have taught pilates for a year here and am so happy doing it. It completes me and my week. It gets me through my hard days and a mother/wife/woman. Thanks to Annie & Wendy Chatfield for your support and inspiration!! Annie I've said it once and I will say it again...."We rock for both teaching and changing this fitness of Moapa Valley. We are the coolest chicks around!!"

2 comments:

sthornton said...

It hit me the other day i have been working out with you for almost a year!!! Woohoo! And annie for over a year! Thanks girls for keeping me from being a chubs!

Annie Leavitt said...

that's my favorite tank that you wear. i love it when you wear it!

yes, we work hard to bring fitness here! i wish more people would come, but word will spread. i think of how much larger my classes are in just a year and a half. think about another year and a half! huge!