Saturday, April 30, 2011

What A CRAPPY Day!

I should be in bed now, but I had to journal about this awful day I had. So, Evelyn has been sick this week. It started off with a fever at the beginning of the week. Then, she threw up one night. After she did this I thought she must have caught the flu that her Askeroth cousins had around Easter. But, she only threw up one time...so maybe she didn't have it. The next day she had a fever. The next 2 days she has had the runs and today she was just beside her cute little self. She wouldn't eat, I got her to drink but she was not urinating at all. So, I got worried. Today was the last day she was covered by Utah Medicaid. Here I am living in a small down again where there are no close doctors. I heard about the Mesa View quick care place in Mesquite. After not being able to help Evelyn feel better. I knew we had to take her somewhere. My dad even suggested to take her, he isn't a huge doctor person. Neither am I unless it's really needed. Plus we currently have no health insurance right now. My wonderful mom got into the car with me and the girls and we drove to Mesquite. I had not gotten ready for the day at this point. No Makeup....looked like well not good...but I had to get over there before they closed. We found the quick care place, our doctor was Brian Lefler, his dad taught at the high school for a while and we knew his family. He was super nice.
I had been having my own problems, well I have a yeast infection...fun fun. And Evelyn has a UTI....Lovely right. Poor Evelyn I have never seen her sooo beside herself. Not knowing how to deal with the pain and all. She held her bladder all day in fear of the pain she would have while she was going.
After $360 was paid to the doctors office....YIKES guess thats life. We took our prescriptions and headed to Smith's to the pharmacy....only to find they were closed. So, I called Trent to see when Walmart's closed...seven. It was now 6:30 we race over there. I had a young lady the prescription papers while my mom stays in the car with the girls. (It was past Lyla's bedtime and Evelyn wouldn't stop crying). I told the girl I had no insurance, she says "one of these costs $288...say what?? She called the Lefler doctor and he said he had no idea it was that much, its a new drug...Then the girl says I noticed you have Utah Medicaid, do you have your card? I ran out to the car to get it...only to find my mom was having to drive the girls around Walmart's parking lot. and the girls were SCREAMING....I head back inside. It took them forever to get them to me. I was like "I have screaming kids in the car". N-E ways My Mom is SO AMAZING AND SO HELPFUL. I would have died and probably broke down and cried myself if it hadn't been for her. I paid another $30 for prescriptions. To some it all up this day really STUNK! Wish us luck on getting over our Yeast & UTI drauma....sheez. It's days like this I think I cannot make it another day being a parent ya know.

2 comments:

Bowler Family said...

I'm currently trying to get over the worst yeast infection ever. The dr even said it was one of the worst he has ever seen. They are terrible and I am very sorry you have to have one!!

cassidy said...

Oh my gosh Tara, what a nightmare day! I can only imagine the craziness. Hope you two girls feel better soon!