Saturday, June 5, 2010
OUr LoVe STorY
I grew up with Trent, never thought much about him. He asked me on a date the summer before our Senior year of high school. Lets just say Austin Powers isn't a good movie to take a girl you wanna make a good impression on!! ha ha. I saw something different in him though than I had seen in other guys. He smelled nice and clean instead of packing on the calone. He was cute and really nice. I decided I was going to ask him to the Reverse dance our Senior Year. But, he got asked before I got the chance...(ya Breena that was you...lol)I kinda backed off and dated someone else for a while. We don't have to mention his name. The whole time I was dating this other individual...I kept Trent in the back of my mind. When I finally came to my senses that I LIKED Trent, I thought I had blown my chance with him. Guess not because he asked me to go to Prom with him. That was exciting!! We went out a little bit before that and held hands. But, didn't kiss for a while...I admired him because he didn't just want to get a piece of me right away...he took his time. Plus he told me he was pretty scared and didn't want to blow it. We went to prom...no kiss. I went to visit him before he went to Hawaii for a Jazz band trip. When he walked me outside I made the move and kissed him....(not the girls job in my opinion)I also told him I loved him first....again not the girls job. So here I am at the end of my senior year in love and so happy.
After we graduated he headed up to SUU and I headed to Dixie College. We saw each other on weekends and went home together. I think it was good that we weren't in the same town where we could see each other every day. It made it a little easier when I know he was going on a mission. He gave me a promise ring before he left and said, consider yourself engaged! May of 2004 he left on his mission to Tulsa OK Spanish Speaking Mission. Went into the MTC on his 19th B-Day.
I was just beside myself for the first six months. I knew I had to get out of Logandale and change up my life a little bit. I moved to Cedar City and worked for about another six months at this place called Ab Initio Acadamy, It was a daycare/preschool place. I taught and took care of toddlers there. This job was basically hopeless and I wanted to get involved in photography more. Debby Leavitt (a friend from my homeward who I had know for a long time)needed an assistant for her photography. This was such an amazing opportunity for me to learn more about what photography was. She taught me all of the good things I know now. I moved back to Logandale and worked for her through the last year of Trent's mission and six months after he got home. Thanks to Debby for that amazing opportunity. It changed my life. And made the time pass by quicker before I knew it Trent came home.
I will never forget going with his family to pick him up at the airport. I thought I was going to cry when I saw him...but I was just so happy I couldn't stop smiling. That night was soo amazing. When we held hands again, he kissed me first, (ya that's how its done:) I was hoping he would the night he got home and he did. Ahh...I was truly on cloud nine. I had never been happier.
Three weeks later he proposed...I had no idea he even had a ring and was really surprised. He picked out the most perfect ring I had ever seen....stunningly gorgeous and a great style to. I bawled and bawled when he got on his knee. It had made all of those bitter/sad moments so worth it, at that time. I had gotten so much grief from people when he was gone..."You'll never marry him", "Your wasting your time", "Your distracting him", blah blah blah!! Oh how I loathed these people. And most of the time would set them straight by asking for their address so I could send them an announcement. Oh I sure showed them!! On my wedding day I was like in your face non believers... Ok, people I know that waiting doesn't work for everyone, but it does for some. So, please don't criticize or make fun of a girl that is waiting. I mean I FAITHFULLY WAITED...I didn't want to date because I knew it would waste my time and the guys time. I just wanted my best friend back. It worked out for us, and Trent's mission really made us closer and tested our love for sure.
In September of 2006 we got married in the St. George Temple and will be celebrating our 4th wedding anniversary this coming September. We now have a 2 year old and another little girl will be here in about 5 weeks. Its funny how slowly the 2 years went when Trent was gone...but how quick these married years have flown by. Needless to say we are truly happily married. And I love him more as the time passes by:)
When I was pregnant with Evelyn, I went through all of the letters Trent and I wrote back on forth on his mission. There were 216 of them!! I put them all in order from when I would write and his letter responding and so on. A few weeks ago I finally got them put into a these binder books. Now I feel complete, we can look over and read these, our posterity can read them. They are wonderful. We never missed a week of writing each other. If we had a fire ever and I could save one physical item from my house, I would reach for these binders for sure. Hopefully that never happens.
Well there you have it the story of Trent and Tara Leavitt..yes it is long. But I felt like I needed to post it.
I encourage You, Yes You who is reading this to post you and your hubby's love story. Lets face it, its so fun to hear everyones.
Posted by Trent & Tara at 7:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
power to the peeps who waited and made it! :) Yay!! I too got soo much crap for waiting for Rhett...just dump him already and date me, just stop writting him before he stops writting you...blah blah blah. So glad to have someone to understand this! :)
What a cute story! I've always thought you guys were the cutest couple!
I love you and Trent's story! I don't know how I missed this post, but I'm glad you posted it. I remember how much you hated Ab Initio! That was so sad. I'm so glad it worked out for you guys! :)
I know EXACTLY how that feels with waiter haters. and then when he comes home and all that pain and loneliness is gone. I am so glad that I knew you waited faithfully for trent because that helped a lot when i was waiting for trevon. love your story! thanks for posting it!
Love this!!! It is always so fun to hear friends' love stories! :)
This post was awesome! I loved it!
I love your love story! Patients pays off! I know how you feel about rubbing it into to the people that doubted you while you were waiting. Your life together is such a fairytale! I'm so happy for you guys! :)
Post a Comment