


We woke up on Evelyn'S birthday and wanted to have some family time together, with just the four of us. We didn't do a big family party this year. We want to do it some years but not every year for our kids. It was such an awesome day, Evelyn really had a blast. We drove to St. George to run some errands for the house and MORE IMPORTANTLY get her ears pierced. So, before I had kids I thought I would get pierce my baby girls ears when they were babies. But, changed my mind after I had them. I wasn't into it much. A few months ago Evelyn said mommy I want to wear earings...I told her she had to get her ears pierced to wear them. Since then daily she would tell me she wanted them pierced. Trent and I decided to allow her to get them pierced only if she really wanted to. I worked at Claire's about 8 years ago, and used to pierce lots of ears. So, I explained to her what happens & how it hurts. We walked into Claire's with her still wanting to do it. My old boss Carol was still working there, and told us to come back an hour later so we could have 2 guns. I WOULD NOT HAVE DONE IT WITH ONLY ONE GUN. I REMEMBER WHEN PEOPLE HAD ME DO THAT WORKING THERE, NOT FUN FOR ANYONE! So we came back later and she climbed on into the chair picked out her earings and TADA GOT IT DONE. She cried for about 2 minutes (I almost did) & I held her. Then once she saw them in the mirror she smiled. She was glowing about them and loves to show them off to people. I am really glad we got them done they are so cute on her. And Lyla can get hers done at age 3 or whenever she wants too. We also went to eat at Wingers and hit up Costco, Target, & Lowes. Busy Busy Day but so much fun for all of us. I made her cake the night before, it was supposed to be a double layer cake...but I don't know much about cake making...cause look at the mess it turned into. We got her a Glide Bike (no petals or training wheels) best purchase ever. This play tent & the book Goldilicious, so cute. The best birthday we have had for Evelyn yet!!
Sunday, May 29, 2011
Evelyn Is Three NOW!!
Posted by Trent & Tara at 10:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Looks like a lot of fun! And I love her earrings - so cute that she wanted that! :) Funny about the cake - I was thinking before I read it how that cake was the perfect size for a tiny little girl! haha. Double deckers are hard! ps - Brent was looking over my shoulder and wants to know what kind of gun Trent got. :)
Cute Tara! I love Lyla's little hair piggies thingies!
And don't you love the bike? Elly has one as well. Its so fun to see her scoot around down the sidewalk.
What cuties you have!
I am glad to see some youth back in the old neighborhood, it was starting to turn into a retirement community. I think it is a great place for kids. I have many memories of fun adventures my brothers and sisters and I had around there.
Looks like fun!! I think the cake looks cute! Your girls are so cute, I love how different they look from eachother. I am glad she had a fun birthday!
How cute she is! I feel the same way about earrings for Shelby. Although I think a little baby girl with earring is darling, I really want her to make that decision herself... even if she's only three when she makes it! We've done big birthdays both years for her and plan on next years being small and simple too (too much work!) Your girls are precious, I hope you're doing great!
Post a Comment