Friday, March 4, 2011

The Weekly 10:D

Here Are A Few Things Lately With Us:
1)Evelyn is obsessed with her baby doll and doing just what I do for Lyla with her baby. It's pretty cute but sometimes I have to remind her that Lyla's needs are more important than her babies!! ha ha
2)Lyla is crawling everywhere, and now well I have to actually watch her constantly. Time to baby proof I guess. She also realized that if she screams and cries she can usually get what she wants pretty fast. I feel like she has become a grown up baby this week.
3)Trent started his golf class this past week and is really enjoying it so far. He wants to improve his game, he loves playing with his brothers and dad.
4)I have been shopping for spring/summer clothes this week. Packing the girls with me just one day. Trent watching them the next. I decided that I am pretty picky when it comes to buying clothing. I usually love Forever 21 but honestly if you want to cover up garments they don't have much. I was in Buckle for a second and was looking at some jean shorts....ok they now have layaway for jeans there. Payments for jeans? Ok people if you have to put your jeans on layaway you probably shouldn't be purchasing them, until you have the funds. I thought it was hilarious.
5)Trent and I finally got out on a much needed date. We got to see the new Harry Potter. We really liked it and it was so nice to be ALONE. The best part was it was at the dollar theater so we got to splurge a little on snacks. Junior mints, root beer, and some popcorn. YUM!
6)We had Taryn and Taylor over for dinner Sunday and it was a blast. We put toppings on our own personal pizza's and ate some amazing brownies I whipped up. Taryn and I couldn't stop eating them. I really am so grateful that I joined such a great family.
7)I went through my clothing and am heading to DI with a big bag full. Why is it so hard to let things go...even if you don't wear them for years? I don't know, it sure feels good to clean house though.
8)It became very clear to me this past week that Trent and I are not play/theater people. Sorry theater buffs but we are not you. I just really don't like plays. Or the Shakespearean Festival or going to see musicals. I just don't get it. Trent could not be more happier with my hate for the this type of thing. He loves that I am not going to drag him to these throughout our marriage. ha ha. There is my opinion out in the open. I am not one to share my opinion much with others. Mostly if its negative I try to keep it to myself.
9)I was putting Evelyn's jammies on the other night and she looked at me and said. "Mommy I love you, we are family, we are friends". Then she hugged and kissed me. Its moments like this that really make all the hard work in parenting so worth it.
10)Evelyn, and I can't stop playing and singing songs from Tangled. We are dying to see it again. Can't wait until it comes out on video this month. Mandy Moore is very talented. Evelyn picks up on the words of songs after hearing it one time. I will play a new song for her and she knows the words right away. She is so smart:)

1 comments:

Elliah A. Terry said...

Wow. You've been having a lot of fun.

This IS hilarious about the jeans being on layaway.

A golf class? Interesting. I hope he has fun!!!