Monday, March 14, 2011

Lookie What I Found...


This past weekend we went down to Logandale, NV to move some of our stuff and pick out our carpet for our house we will be moving to in a little over a month. We didn't have much planned for the weekend. So, my mom and I got up early Saturday morning and went to many many yard sales. They started doing them in our valley there were probably about 20 going on all over town. We probably made it to about 5 or 6. But, it was so FUN to go and look and look. Trent watched the girls while we had a wonderful time. At first I got a large mirror for my exercise room, then I found some really great wooden blocks for Evelyn. Next I found a entertainment type piece of furniture but didn't want to pay $40 (tried to offer about $27 but no luck) didn't think it was worth that much so I left. The next one we went to was the motherload of all yard sales. Oh it was soo big and so awesome. Right when I pulled up I saw these gorgeous chairs. Three of them lined up in a row. I got out and basically raced to them. Asked about them, and was told $5 for each of them. At first I was only going to get 1, then I thought I wanted to get 2 to possibly photograph a couple or something. Then I found this beauty of a headboard. Isn't it sooo neat? Perfect condition and oh so neat and pretty. I had to have it how much for this? $10 was the woman's reply. I was so giddy and excited! I am glad I had Trent's truck. Pulled it around and started loading the chairs. The man who helped me load them said. Now, you know your going to take the third chair right? I asked if he wanted more for it and he said nope. We just want you to take it. Then I loaded this gorgeous headboard. The woman kept saying bless you, oh your wonderful for taking these. She was really sweet. As a photographer I am always on the lookout for props and such. All this for $20 plus a really neat quilt that went with the headboard. SCORE. I couldn't be more excited to be the new owner of them.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

These will be wonderful for vintage photo shoots!!! Great job! =)

mommay8 said...

When I was growing up we had those same chairs only in orange. I actually refinished the table and we use it in our kitchen...funny. The chairs I did not keep those 15 years ago.

Bowler Family said...

Those chairs are AWESOME!!! I love the crushed velvet.

Annie Leavitt said...

those are a great find! i would have loved to have gone yard saleing? that morning if we didn't have our ward activity.

i'm sad i missed all those great ones in one day : (

The Jones People said...

If my sister had gotten out she would have fought you tooth and nail for that headboard! It is awesome :o)

Ashley said...

love those!! got to love a yard sell:) i would love to go but it seems i always hear about them after they are done

Ashley said...

love those! got to love a yard sale. :)