Thursday, October 7, 2010

Confessions Of A Mommy With A 2 Month & 2 Year Old:



-I love the smell of Pampers Swaddler Diapers...wish I could burn a candle to burn of that scent.
-Desitin Rapid Relief Creamy Diaper Rash Cream makes an excellent face mask. Saw it on the show the doctors and wanted to try it....BABY BOTTOM SOFT SKIN. 10 minutes and wipe off with dry towel:)
-I am going sooo bald from nursing that it almost makes me want to do formula. Even though I know I could never stop for the benefit of myself. It really is sweet and I forget about my balding problems every time I look down while nursing. Ahhh nothing better than when Lyla is looking up at me. Melts my heart!!
-I own no attractive clothing right now....well that I can fit into at least. And of coarse no money to go buy any either....
-My stomach couldn't be any flabbier or have more stretch marks. Hope it can because less jello-like in the future.
-I loath C-sections and that I can only have them. Sometimes I think there is no way I can do another one. But, I know in my heart that Trent and I don't have our complete family yet:)
-Every morning I put a movie on for Evelyn, get Lyla back to sleep and crawl back into my bed....yep I am not the best mommy. But, I am soo exhausted....the girls don't seem to mind. I do make sure there is nothing that Evelyn could hurt herself with also I make sure she can open my door and get me anytime she needs me.
-I also get to enjoy finding more and more grey hairs that sprout up daily....lovely.
-Why oh why does your butt have to get soo flat during pregnancy?? I used to have a good tushy now nada.
-I have melt downs sometimes wondering how I can make it through another day. Parenting is oh sooo tough, but once I find inner peace I am ok. And realize this is what I am made to do.
-I can't believe how dramatic girls are....fun teenage years coming up.

6 comments:

TC, Ashley said...

You sound like a wonderful mom. All of those feelings are normal and you look gorgeous-you are too hard on yourself. I think all of us moms think parenting is very hard but well worth it. FYI, for me at least having two gets easier as they get older. (I mean Clark is only 6 months so I'm not that far ahead of you but it is for sure easier than when he was 2 months old).

Tiffany said...

I love your confessions! When Ella was a newborn I used to do the same thing (go back to bed to get some extra sleep). It's all about survival! I have bad days too, where I just feel like I'm on the verge of a breakdown. Thank goodness for those sweet moments thrown in the middle of all the chaos!

ShEiLa said...

My DIL Jenny only gets C-sections too... and #3 with be next May. I can't even imagine having 7 c-sections... but I know a lady in Moapa that has. Wow!

Miss Tara...
we truly do sacrifice our bodies and minds for our sweet children. We just have to find a way to deal with it. Hugs to YOU!

ToOdLeS.

ps. YOU are not a bad Mommy by climbing back into bed... but a smart one.

Brittany said...

Oh Tara, totally know how you feel! Kids do a number on every aspect of your life - physically, mentally, emotionally... but they are so worth it. You are really too hard on yourself. You always look so cute! But, I know the feeling of not looking good after having a baby. Nothing seems to look cute or fit well to you, but it does to other people, trust me. You always look good. I'm sure I'll be having the same breakdowns when we have another one. I had breakdowns just like that with Jason! haha. You're doing great, and all I hear is that it gets easier, so just be patient.

Ty and Marla Stevens said...

Amen sister! I hear you loud and clear. I think you and I have just abot the same list going on! Hang in there, you are doing a great job! lots of love.

cassidy said...

Um, I hear ya on the flat butt thing! Mine is gone now too. Don't get me started on gray hairs.

Anyways, your confessions are nothing new to other moms (except the Desitin thing...I'm going to have to try it!) and you sound like you are doing awesome. Right now you just have to survive, right?

I miss you!