Thursday, May 6, 2010

On To The Next Project.....





Many of you who read this know what "THE GHOST" is...Trent's blue truck that is made from like 3 other trucks that he completely restored. I mean put every bolt in EVERYTHING the works. Well, its finally finished..(at least he says that). He wanted another project to work on, so he doesn't go crazy up here at school. He can't ever sit still, which I think is a great quality. I love how smart he is with gadgets and parts. Anyways we have talked about getting him an old Ford Mustang one day and fixing it up. I have always loved this type of car so I agreed he could get one...someday. I didn't think it would have been for at least 5 more years...but here it it. Trent or should I say WE own a 1967 Ford Mustang. He has been saving up for one for a while and did lots of extra work to earn the money. I didn't really think we should get one right now. But, he found this one on KSL and fought off lots of guys for it. $2600 and in pretty great shape, plus its got a decent paint job on it. I wouldn't have let him get it now, if it would have made us broke or put us into debt. It worked out pretty well, and he is so excited. I was very excited when he pulled up and I got to see it for the first time. It will be a long time until he gets it finally restored....for financial and other reasons. But, he agreed that I can use it for photo shoots when it is complete. I was able to get a new lens and some other camera equipment from it. Not to mention I have done lots of shopping for baby stuff. So, we play our cards out pretty well with eachother. Usually if he gets something, I get something I want or need from it, and vice versa. So, Happy Early B-Day Honey I Love You, and can't wait to see what you do with this thing. P.S. Evelyn loves it as well, she couldn't stay out of it today.

6 comments:

Brittany said...

ooo it's so pretty!

Julie Harward said...

Hi...I love this new project..wish I had one too! Cute bedroom for Evelyn too and i loved to see sisters with their little ones! Come say hi :D

Julie said...

nice ride! :) My brother Mark bought an old mustang last year and has had a lot of fun monkeying around with it. It's starting to look really good too! I'm sure Trent is loving it! :) and glad you get to spend money too - that's the way we try to work it over here haha but it doesn't always happen like that!

Julie said...

p.s. let's hang! i was in Phoenix last week but I am home now!

Lori said...

That is SO awesome! So, did he sell the Ghost?? I hope not. I loved that old truck! It looks so cool. This mustang is going to ROCK!! We're so excited for you {well, I haven't told Allen yet but I know he's going to have to look it up right when he gets home}. Have fun with your new stang! :)

Annie Leavitt said...

so how many "projects" do you think trent will have by your 50th wedding anniversary. if he has 2 in 3 years...?!

hahahaha i'm so laughing over this.