Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Our Week Times Two

1) I will start off with what the event engraved into my brain. Evelyn was sitting on a bar stool and felt the chair was tipping over and bailed landing on the floor. Then the chair fell on her. Hitting her right on her brow bone. There was blood right away. I panicked and yelled for Trent. We thought for sure stitches it was a gash. But, we weren't sure. I called my sister Elliah, she has had lots of experiences with stitches I sent her a picture and she said she would take her. The urgent place was closed here and well the closest hospital is a 1/2 hour drive to Mesquite. We had our good neighbor Garrett Schouten come over to look at it. He didn't think she needed stitches and was so kind and good with Evelyn while he was touching her face and all. What an amazing guy, we love their family so much and are so fortunate to have them as neighbors. We also called Taylor (Trent's brother) to see if him and his girlfriend Meagan (who we adore, and Evelyn is smitten by) who is attending nursing school to come take a look. Right away she said the same thing. She cleaned and bandaged her wound. And we saved some mula and kept her home. She seems to be doing great now. So grateful for the good people we know. And for Trent and Taylor giving her a blessing. We are so lucky to have the gospel in our life.
2) Still very busy editing more and more shoots. That explains my lack of blogging frequently. But, I love it, and being busy by photography. I feel needed and loved by all who hire me:)
3) Sick over who became president.  Mitt deserved it, what a great person and amazing leader. While willowing in sadness I have decided to try and get over it as fast as possible. I voted and did my part. I can't change what happened so I will just continue to be happy and carry on in life. Becoming who I want to become and teach my children to love and trust in their Heavenly Father always. No matter what happens. So happy to know what I know and have the church.
4) The girls have been playing with their neighbor Violet a lot. What a sweetie, she is 3 so right in between the girls. Lyla kind of does her own thing on play dates and Evelyn latches onto the kids real good. ha ha.
5) Lyla's latest: she was in the 18th percentile for her weight and 13th for her height when we went to the doctor. So she is a little shrimp...lol. The doc didn't seem to worry about her. Her latest vocabulary words:
top=stop, mere=come here, yike=like, dats fun=thats fun, Eban=Evelyn, see you morning=see you in the morning(she tells me as she goes to bed).
6) Trent checked up on his mustang this week and they still haven't touched it. He told them very nicely to stop being lazy and get going. It's nice to have room in the garage with it gone. ha ha
7) I was bummed to miss out on my niece Lucy's baptism this past Sat. I had a previous shoot booked with my amazing friend Amanda Monk. We planned it back in September, and it just ended up falling on the same day. Trent took the girls and Evelyn thought it was really neat. After we had dinner over at Lucy's house what a turnout lots and lots of fun. I remember so well my baptism and getting dunked twice in the freezing cold water.
8) We moved our no longer working freezer we got for free in our old storage barn. Didn't want to pay the mula to have it hauled off right now. Good to know the barn helps with some things. It's not much to look at on the outside. lol

1 comments:

Annie Leavitt said...

Webavebotheen busy cuz I have barely seen you guys!

Sorry aboutbevelyns gash. We've done the stitches a lot lately and it's pricey.