Sunday, August 26, 2012

Some Stuff We Did....

1)I put Evelyn into the Jr. Cheer Camp that the high school cheerleaders put on. She had a blast, but was a little shy at the performance in front of the parents. It was the first time she has ever done anything like that. I was a little annoyed because they put shortened the camp by taking a day off. And Evelyn said she spent lots of time outside on the track. What the track?? Ya I don't know what they were thinking taking them outside...but it made me mad. I should have talked to the coach but thats just not how I am.
  Ok every time I drive by the highschool or go into it, I get butterflies like I am going to cheer at a game or around a cute guy. I would love to go back for like a week, not really as an adult but as a teenager in my head. Re-live it all. I think one of the reasons I loved it so much was because of all the memories Trent and I have there together. We started dating at the end of my senior year. 
  I also really liked cheerleading a lot. It made highschool so fun for me. I also have this fasination with how my high school smells. It had that smell ever since I walked through the front doors as a freshmen, almost ten years later it still has the smell. I told Trent I wish I had a Moapa Valley high school candle I could burn. Call me crazy but I love love love love, really like it. How do they keep it smelling like that? It boggles my mind really. lol. 
 When we went into the gym for the performance on Wed. I almost cried inside. Seeing those cheerleaders cheer and not me made my heart sink.....however I loved watching my oldest strut her stuff out there. Well, sorta she was kinda shy and didn't do much of her dances. It was the biggest thing she has ever done and I'm so proud of her. 

2)Drumroll please.... Look up....I ordered something fabulous this week that has/will change how I live. A BOB Revolution SE Sports Duallie Stroller. What made me purchase this. I had some money from doing my sister in law Taryn's wedding pics. Got payed a little early and I have always wanted one of these babies. We booked a Disneyland trip with the girls, Trent, and my good friend Danielle mentioned that I should borrow her Bob and take it there. She said it's so easy to push and amazing. I bid on a slightly used one on ebay that was orange and was the highest bidder for a while. Then, I got outbid. I was actually relieved though, I didn't know what kind of shape it was really in.    Amazon was calling my name, like usual, I love ordering from them fast shipping great prices, and great returns. I soon found this black beauty, I think I am attracted to black everything now. It's so sleek in that color. I knew it was expensive but wanted to reward myself with something good for the wedding day I will be shooting and working so hard on. It came on Friday and oh my let me tell you. I put it together in the middle of the day and took the girls on a walk down my street. Barely pushing it just glided down the dirt road. and turns so well. I mean I will never push a regular stroller again. I am very very impressed and think it's fabulously designed. It's got shocks, pegs....LUCKY...lol. We all went for a walk as a family today and had such a great time, they girls love it too. Trent and I both wanted to push it at the same time. Like that ever happens? ha We also got the front tray and the console for the handlebars so we are set for Disneyland in about 2 weeks. Can't wait. 
3) Trent has purchased a smart phone and left me in the dust with a normal shmormal one. Droid, he got. Jealous I am.Yep, he is in the APP world now. Maybe someday I really want that I-Phone.  Only when I can get if for cheap though. I can upgrade in April we'll see if I last that long, I may cave and get a different one sooner. 
4)It poured rain here for a day, I mean it wouldn't stop, which is such a dream for us desert people but hard when you live on a dirt road and have a black car, the Denali got a well needed scrub down on Friday. 
5) I moved back to the Old Overton Gym for Pilates this week. The floor was so dreamy, it was clean and so stinking shiny. I was the first one back on it. I knew it wouldn't stay like that so I was soaking it all in. It was nice being back there. It really is a nice facility. 
6)Lyla is talking up a storm lately. her latest phrases are:  come on, why, tiss=kiss, honeybunch (I call her that), no, stop, daddy uurrk=daddy work. 
7)Evelyn has been a little rough with Lyla these last few days, I'm not sure why. But she has been pulling hair, hitting, pinching. Hoping it will stop soon. 
8)Evelyn got to meet her preschool teacher this week. We are so happy we have a chance to do preschool with her. I was very impressed when we met with her. She discussed everything the kids would be doing/learning and I think it will really prep Evelyn very well for kindergarten in a year.....only a year is really hard to believe. She starts on Tuesday and we can't wait, plus she has some friends in her class, it couldn't be more perfect. 
9)This is hard to admit but I sat on our computer chair this week and then it creaked and bent really bad....whoops gotta lay off the food i guess. The whole week we were leaning in it while sitting down. Finally when Trent was in it, it cracked and his butt hit the ground....gotta get a new one. For now I am sitting on our red one in our room, that doesn't have a high back and just isn't working. 
10)I decided I stay up way too late every night and have got to get my butt in gear and change that about myself....goodnight. 
11)Trent caught a lizard and the girls loved it. They were sad to let it go. 
12)Here are some pics from the week and from our lake trip last week with my mom. It was a blast and the girls had so much fun swimming with her. We love Grammy:)



































1 comments:

Annie Leavitt said...

you bought a BOB! finally!

you have to have one if you live out here. those duallie ones seem really nice. glad you are happy with it.