Wednesday, March 3, 2010

We Love You Gramps...


Today I got the news that my Grandpa Askeroth has passed away. He has been in and out of the hospital for the last 2 months. He would almost go...get better & almost go all over again. Jerry Askeroth was one of the sweetest people ever! He came across shy if he didn't know you. But, he was so fun to talk to and loved history and his family. He leaves behind his wife Paula Askeroth. And his two sons Todd & Jess, and daughter Paige. Plus there families. I am so sad to know he isn't here...but glad he isn't suffering anymore and can join our Heavenly Father and be happy on the other side. I just am sad for my dad...cause it was his dad. I can't imagine how hard it will be one day to lose my parents. Life really is so short. We will miss you Gramps and love you so very much!! This is a photo of him at his 75th bday a few years ago.

8 comments:

Annie Leavitt said...

oh, that is sad for your family.

lots of love from us.

Zach & Lizzy said...

I'm so sorry Tara, I love you

Alexander and Dea Kelley said...

i am sry tara. hey i am back in utah. i'm in the logan now. my number is 1-435-213-9339 if u ever want to call to just say hi. congrads on u bundle baby girl. that is cool evelyn well have a lil sister to be her best friend.

Lauren said...

He looks like your dad. I bet he was a nice guy. Lots of love to you guys.

Lori said...

Tara- I hope you and your family are doing well with all that has happened. It's hard to describe what it's like to lose someone that you love, and even harder trying to find words of comfort. That's why the gospel is so beautiful. It answers so many questions and brings peace into something that could be so sad and difficult. I'm glad it wasn't sudden and that he is so much happier now, and I hope you are able to be there for his funeral if you can. I know it's hard to travel when you're pregnant sometimes with doctors rules and sitting so long in a car... love ya!

Bowler Family said...

I'm sorry Tara. I know how it is to loose your grand parent and its awful! Even if they have been sick and it better in the long run its still hard! I hope you and your family are doing okay.

Something Special said...

I did not have that picture, so I stole it from you. we don't have very many pictures of Gramps. I will be able to post something now too. Thanks for such a lovely post about Gramps. He was a really nice nice person, and we sure do miss him already.

Amanda Monk said...

I adored your grandpa! His look was so impresive to me! So tall and handsome. From another era. Give your family my sypmathy. I miss you, my pretty girl:)