Monday, March 1, 2010

The Wait Is Over.....



We are expecting another little girl!! Its pretty crazy. I had a feeling it was more a boy...the last couple of days. But, as Trent and I climbed into the Ghost to drive over there...I was maybe thinking girl. The woman who did our ultrasound put the gel on me and the first shot she got was a wide open shot of the legs spread. Right away she said..."Its a girl you guys". No mistaking it...pretty clear to all of us!(When I was pregnant with Evelyn we were in there forever trying to get her to open her legs and reveal herself to us, the nurse wasn't sure so she had to get a second opinion). Trent and I were just laughing. On the Leavitt side of Trent's family..she will be the 5th granddaughter & the 8th great granddaughter. Don't know when the Leavitt's will get a little man in there.
We are sooo excited to be able to welcome another little girly girl into our cute little family. I think Evelyn will love having a younger sister. Also, now we don't have to go out and buy all boy stuff. We do hope that we will get lucky to get at least one boy in the mix. I would post photos of the ultrasound but she was facing down and they couldn't get a good profile shot. Maybe next ultrasound I can do that. The other shots just weren't super good. I wanted to have Evelyn hold this It's A Girl sign all by herself but she refused. So now I can start getting all of my baby clothing out again...Yeah:)

25 comments:

Ty and Marla Stevens said...

Congrats! I Love that my boys have each other and that they are so close! I am sure you know that there is nothing like a sister!

Annie Leavitt said...

you know that WE love our girls and it has been the best thing for us...so we are excited for you guys.

i wouldn't worry about not having any boys until you've had, oh, 3 girls in a row. then i would worry : )

Austrie said...

yay! that's so exciting :) I dunno, the girl line up on our side is getting pretty long! i guess taylor was the last boy haha BUT spice grils say it best: Girl powa! ;)

Natalie said...

Congratulations!!! I honestly thought that all my boys were going to be girls before the ultrasound. It is so nice not to have to go out and buy a whole new wardrobe for the baby! I love only having to worry about stocking up on diapers with my kids. Evelyn and this new baby will be the bestest of friends! So excited for you guys! :) You look great Tara!

Collin & Breena said...

Congrats! That will be fun for Evelyn to have someone to play with! She will be a cutie!

Tiffany said...

Your belly shot is so cute. :) We are so excited about our new little niece!

Amanda Monk said...

Must admitt-your going to have those beautiful leavitt girls that all the guys are gonna wanna date-shhh don't tell Trent! I miss you and There will be something for you in the mail SOON!

Kurt and Kortney Tobler said...

Awww yay!! thats exciting. I think I was the only one who guessed right...lol. Congrats. Just like everyone else said, it will fun for them to have each other.

Julie said...

So exciting! Sisters are the best! :) I can't believe you are already that far along - crazy how times flies when it is not yourself lol! Let's play woot!

JTYARDLEY said...

Congrats! It will be so much easier for you. We thought our # 2 was a boy too!

Brittnie said...

Hooray! We're so excited for you guys! Congrats!

Nate and Lynlee said...

Congratulations you guys! Gotta love little girls! I'm so sad I'm not in the ward to watch your cute belly grow. You'll have to post pictures periodically. Congrats again!

Bowler Family said...

I knew you were going to have another girl!! I didn't comment last time because I was in the minority. Congrats!!

cassidy said...

Yay! I had a feeling you would have a girl. Evelyn will have so much fun with a little sister. I'm so happy for you guys!

Robnz Fam said...

Another girl! You do have beautiful girls!! Well, you will have ;0).

CONGRATULATIONS to your adorable family!!

TC, Ashley said...

Congrats! I love having a little girl and I think it will be so fun for Evelyn to have a sister. You look great by the way.

Michael & Lindsey said...

Congratulations on the big announcement! I'm so excited you guys are also having a little girl. I'm sure Evelyn will be so excited to have a cute little sister! :)

Brittany said...

I'm excited for you guys! Evelyn will LOVE a girl. Now I just want to know what her name's going to be. :)

Nate and Felicia said...

Congratulations! Evelyn will love having a new baby sister!

Ashley said...

tara you look beautiful and congrats on the news!!

Shels said...

Yeah! Congrats-I'm sure Evelyn will love having a sister. How exciting! :)

Lara said...

Yay for another girl! How exciting! Evelyn will be such a great big sister!

Congrats you guys!

Lauren said...

Congrats! More pink and more fun!!!

Lori said...

I am so pumped for you! Girl, you are gorgeous. Pregnant, not pregnant... you are always a little supermodel. You look hot for being halfway there! :) Way to go. I envy you. Haha! Miss ya and hope we can catch up soon. I need to call you.

Something Special said...

Tara you are looking bigger in the tummy than you did a couple of weeks ago. I think you look great though.
I sure can't wait to see what she will look like too.