We have had 4 of our chickens get killed in the last few months.
The first two got killed early one morning when they came out of the coop. Then we got two more chickens from my neighbor. They kept walking back to her house to sleep. Even if I kept them cooped up for a few days. I had to catch them to bring them back to my house one night. I caught one but lost the other one. Then it got dark and I lost the other one. That night we heard a coyote and I knew it got that chicken. A few days ago I looked outside Lyla's window and saw the other one dead. Yep....something got it in the chicken coop. I was really annoyed. And the night before 2 chickens had died...uhh really. Our husbands need to go hunting. So now we are chicken-less. We bought a chain link fence today and I am getting chicks tomorrow that we will one day put in the fence. I like chickens and need them for eggs and more importantly bug control. I will post pics if the chicks soon.
The first two got killed early one morning when they came out of the coop. Then we got two more chickens from my neighbor. They kept walking back to her house to sleep. Even if I kept them cooped up for a few days. I had to catch them to bring them back to my house one night. I caught one but lost the other one. Then it got dark and I lost the other one. That night we heard a coyote and I knew it got that chicken. A few days ago I looked outside Lyla's window and saw the other one dead. Yep....something got it in the chicken coop. I was really annoyed. And the night before 2 chickens had died...uhh really. Our husbands need to go hunting. So now we are chicken-less. We bought a chain link fence today and I am getting chicks tomorrow that we will one day put in the fence. I like chickens and need them for eggs and more importantly bug control. I will post pics if the chicks soon.
J/k we went to pic up the chicks and they were out of them....oh so funny. It seems I am not meant to have chickens at this time. ha ha
0 comments:
Post a Comment