Monday, April 5, 2010

The Two P's....






Since Sat. Evelyn has 2 favorite new things. Her P-P-P-Potty (Evelyn says my p-p-p-potty)and her Pony. She got the pony for Easter. The p-p-p-potty was bought sat. at walmart. I was reading in a book about some signs that some kids might show they are ready to be potty trained. Trent and I thought it would be a good idea to get her used to the idea of a p-p-p-potty. I don't know how ready she really is...but I think she is off to a great start. Saturday night she didn't want to get off of it. It is her new throne so to speak. And she just adores it. Carries it all over the house, running around half naked sitting on her p-p-p-potty. Well, Easter Sunday she was sitting on it in the bathroom and said mom potty. I looked down and sure enough she had gone potty after having it for only two days. Then I was doing her hair and she said "mommy potty", I asked if she needed to go and she said uh huh. So I put her on the potty again. She was killing brain cells trying to push some out...ha ha. Then she stood up by her potty and went on the bathroom floor next to her potty. So that is her progress so far. We like that she is getting used to the idea of using a potty. However i am sure she will prefer to be naked from now on. Which is a little more work with accidents and all. I am sure it will be a while before she is officially potty trained. Way to be a big girl Evelyn...we love you.

6 comments:

Something Special said...

I love these pictures of her on her ppp-potty. That is so cute that she calls it that. Can't wait to see here again. And when the heck is your sister going to have her baby????

Tiffany said...

She is so adorable! I wish I could hear her talk in person. We just bought a potty for Caleb too and he's not doing bad! But he has become a nudist too, which is pretty funny. :)

I love the Easter pics too by the way!

Annie Leavitt said...

i loved it on sunday "go pppppotty" in her man voice.

she is a champ man. she'll probably be the fastest leavitt yet (Except I don't remember when Grace potty trained) but my girls are late bloomers (or should i say poopers).

Nate and Felicia said...

Haha that is funny, good job Tara! I usually think that she looks like you, but I think she looks like trent in these pictures. Kaylee was the same way when she started, and she ended up potty training herself! I like your Easter pictures too!

Julie said...

man you are brave - I am scared to start lol! She is so stinkin cute. We bought Boston a potty and he only likes to sit on it with his clothes on hahaha we are working on that...

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.