Since we needed our crib for baby #2 we moved Evelyn to this twin bed about a week ago. It has a sentimental meaning because Trent grew up on this bed. We are talking from as long as he can remember until we got married. Ya...I laugh at that thought because he was kinda big for it. His head hit the headboard and toes his the foot board. We are happy we were able to get this bed and for free. Evelyn adores it I must say. She had a hard time the first couple of nights cause it was a huge change for her. But, she has been sleeping excellent in it (naps included). We find her just laying on it throughout the day. And we tell her she is such a big girl for sleeping in her big girl bed. See, the trick with getting your kids to sleep well....BEING PERSISTENT. Which isn't an easy thing to do but so worth it. I would never be able to keep my sanity without the sleep program I do for Evelyn. She is so happy cause she gets sleep, and when she doesn't beware, she is one tough cookie. If anyone is interested the program I use is called Sleep Sense. www.sleepsense.net. Check it out if you have problems with your kids sleeping..it saved me when Evelyn was six months old.
I also love this toy storage system we got at IKEA, and her table and chair set is from their too, but I painted it. I have been doing tons of projects for both of my girls rooms lately. I have to say I love crafts, and can really get into them. They are pricey though. Her bed set we got from Kmart and the owls are so cute.
Saturday, April 17, 2010
Evelyn's BIG GIRL ROOM!!
Posted by Trent & Tara at 12:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Where did you get the side rails for her bed? I want to move ella to her big bed around her birthday. ANd those look perfect!
very cute! way to go, crafty pants!
Way cute! Isn't it nice when they love their bed... I haven't even started on the baby room yet. Maybe one day when I have some energy.haha
Cute room! I love the owls on her bed set, so adorable. I'm glad she's doing so well in the big girl bed! I love everything you've done with her room. Can't wait to see her baby sister's room too!
love her room. i can't wait til i can do something like that to my girls room.
Her room is adorable! It makes me want to be more crafty and do more for my girls. Thanks for the inspiration!
ok the owls are adorable. glad she loves it!
and yay for date nights!
very cute. Thanks for the sleep website. Brad is having a hard time these days, i will have to check it out!
I love all the pictures, especially the ones of Evelyn in her little turquoise dress.
Oh and you did such a good job on all the crafty things you made for her room
Post a Comment