Sunday, December 8, 2013

What we have been doing:

1) I have almost all of the Christmas shopping done. Trent is the hardest to buy for, I think he will have to tell me what he wants. All the shopping stresses me out. Sat. Evelyn and I ran to St. George, it was snowing but I wasn't too worried with my all wheel drive car. My sister Elliah came down to Logandale to sell some stuff at my mom & Camille's boutique they were doing. She drove back that night and ended up stranded in the gorge and also sliding off the road in her truck, there was 300 cars stranded that night in the gorge. Luckily Elliah was able to get a ride home with a cowboy stranger and leave her stranded vehicle. I feel very blessed that Evelyn and I were safe and ok. I can't imagine being stranded over night with her in my car. She would have been so scared. Elliah was lucky to get out as well.
2) It has been soooooooooo cold for us desert rats here. I feel like it is too cold to do anything outside and enjoy it.
3) I am now in young women's and I love it. Also Shannon Ruiz my awesome neighbor and friend just got called to be my advisor and Amy Marshall is also my advisor. I love both of them so much.
4) Lyla is a chatter box and is becoming less shy to those around her. It is really fun. She is dressed up in dressups all day long. Both of my girls could not be more princess like.
5) Evelyn is doing so well in Kindergarten and is getting so grown up. So, grown up that she thinks she can decide what she will and won't wear. We went to our ward party the other day  30 min. late cause I couldn't convince her to wear a jacket for the life of me. She said, people will look at me and think I am weird, It is my body, not yours mom and I can dress however I want!! What the heck what is she 16?
6) We had so much fun with my neighbors tonight at a bday party. We are so fortunate to have so many friends around us.
7) Our baby chicks are growing fast and we love them. They will stay in our garage for a while....its too cold. Our older chicken that got attacked by the dog is ok and alive. So, that is good too.
8) This week we are headed to AZ to go on a train ride on the Polar Express at the Grand Canyon. We are going with the Ruiz family and are very excited the girls will love it. I will report back next week.
9) Infertility really is so hard and is still weird that I am dealing with it. Sometimes I think this is it.....we will only have four in our family, I feel that way. But, then I could see us as a family of five too. Basically I feel really close to giving up.... I know it sounds pathetic but it is true. It is like a gaping wound I can't seem to mend...and I feel numb to what I have gone through in a way. I have the hardest time when I see people prego with their 3rd child. And soon in Feb. I will have to face that I don't have a baby still. And, I would have had a one year old. Sigh....
10) I long to go to the temple.....it is calling my name. I need the peace that it brings and to get some answers to it all.
11) We had such a fun ward party, cold but fun. The best part was it was centered on Christ and not Santa and receiving presents. They had live animals there and amazing soups and hot chocolate. The spirit was so strong when you went to the different stations and people told you about Christ and what he did for them. Well done Overton 4th Ward. We are very lucky to be a part of such a great ward too.

0 comments: