Sunday, July 21, 2013

What A Week












1) We started of the week with Lyla turning 3 on Monday. We had a great day together as a family. She loves her new earrings. Here are some pics from it all.
2) Somehow I hurt my back bad. I hope I can teach Pilates this week. My dad has been treating me and I can't move well. Thank goodness for him or I would be a cripple. 
3) we went swimming as a family. Some friends of ours were celebrating their daughter Ella's bday at the Logandale pool. We had a blast with great company. The water was perfect.
4) We are getting much closer with our awesome neighbors . The Ruiz's are going to start taking the missionary lessons from at our house starting this Monday night. They moved here from Vegas and we are so excited about their interest in the gospel .The dad was a member growing up but stopped when he was  a teen . I am so excited cause I have never had the opportunity to sit in on the lessons. It is going to be really neat. 
5) we went to my mom and dads house for dinner. There were some special guests there. A guy name Tony from Australia was there. He was baptized by Kent Barlow when he went to the Perth Australia mission. When Ty first arrived in Perth he this same man named Tony was bishop in that ward. So he asked where Ty was from in the ward meeting and he said, Las Vegas , NV. He then asked Ty if he knew where Logandale was. Ty told him he was from there and they made the kent Barlow connection. I guess Kent had him speak in his ward (log. 5th) my parents went to listen and since he was staying for a whole week my mom invited them for dinner. He also had his 17 year old son Caleb who was pretty cool. Their accents were awesome we laughed and got teary eyed . Great people they are. 

0 comments: