



1)My week was going all hunky-dory until I sat down in the dentist chair at my periodontists office in St. George Wed.(My mom and I ran some errands earlier that day, then we hung out at my sisters for about an hour. I left the girls and my mom there as I went to the office. I was really nervous before, but tried to calm myself down.)I'm just gonna tell it how it was, no sugar-coating involved. It was tough getting all the shots to begin with, the first one in the roof of my mouth was so terrible. Then I got way too hot and took my jacket off, then my shoes, he got a wet paper towel for my forehead he said I was burning up, YEP I was nervous. I wanted to be brave and keep my eyes open for most of the time, then when the blood started to squirt everywhere, I was done, I DO NOT DO BLOOD!! The worst part was when they scraped of the roof of my mouth, It felt like they were grading cheese, not fun at all. The sound was so disturbing. My mouth was full of blood the whole time. Then a thought came to my mind "Why am I doing this to myself"? (Oh ya 3 different doctors told me I needed to get it done, plus I have been having major sensitivity issues) So many long minutes later, the surgery was finally over!! I sat up put on my jacket and shoes. My puffy head nodded as they read off directions and then, I walked out the door. Went and picked up my prescriptions and I was off to my sister Elliah's. I was using Evelyn's drawing board to communicate with Elliah and my mom. We had the longest car ride home EVER. Lyla had not slept all day, Evelyn was cranky, & so was I. Plus it was hard for me to talk. We drove through a pretty bad rainstorm to get home. Bless my Mom for coming with me that day, I can never do stuff like that without her. I can never pay her back for those types of things. Since the surgery, I spent the first 2 days spitting out blood into a cup, have been taking pain killers non stop and they have made me sick due to the fact I can't eat ANYTHING BUT SMOOTHIES, NOT EVEN SOUP WITH LITTLE CHUNKS, CAN'T CHEW AT ALL, & I AM MISSING ALL OF MY WORKOUT, MY CLASS & ANNIE'S. THIS HAS MADE ME KRANKY, AND SAD.I ALSO HAVE TO WEAR A MOUTHPIECE SO I TALK LIKE I AM REALLY 15. SO SO FUN. OK ENOUGH SELF LOATHING...
2)Our cable company hasn't been providing super service, and we were without any of our channels for about a week. We were fed up. We got Dish and are so excited. Oh and DVR oh how we love it. We have already been recording and skipping through commercials, we have been missing out. Dish has great service and we L.O.V.E them.
3)Because of my surgery and Trent working in the office this week he was able to work on his Mustang. I am happy working on his mustang gives him the same happiness that working out does for me. So when he gets to do it I can tell he is just more cheery ya know. It's coming along nicely.
4)I have got to bust out my parenting books because I do not know what to do with Evelyn. Anything/everything I say to her, I get a sassy mean/I am not gonna do that/ your not the boss/ stop it mom remark. I HATE IT. We have taken away lots of toys and today I took her in the bathroom and washed her mouth out with soap. She has NO respect for me at all. NONE. Parenting books her I come...Please Help....
5)Lyla is climbing everywhere and wanting to be way bigger/older than she is. Today she fell off of Trent's fourwheeler and hit her face on the sharp fourwheeler pegs, it was so very sad.
6)Lyla is also refusing to drink milk and I tried Pediasure and it's a no go with that as well. Gotta bust out some other food for vitamin D I guess.
7)Evelyn is learning her letters pretty fast now, I have this dry-erase book that she traces the letters.
8)Ordered me some cute bermuda shorts for our hot summer, it will be here sooner than we think.
9)Had a fabulous Valentine's Day. Trent came home from lunch with some pretty flowers for me and a red rose in a vase for both of the girls. He is so sweet and we are so lucky to have him in our life. Thanks for being my Valentine honey!! *Also ate dinner at Rod & Camille's it was lots of fun.
10)We got to celebrate my moms b-day with taking her out to lunch at Inside Scoop, it was fun and really yummy. I love her and am so proud to be her daughter, she is the sweetest person ever. Love you mom. You still look amazing for your age by the way!!
Saturday, February 18, 2012
Our Wild Weekly Ten....
Posted by Trent & Tara at 9:21 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
First of all, I am SO SORRY about your mouth. It sounds horrible and I hope you heal super fast. Second- Jason has NEVER liked drinking milk. He just doesn't like it and it's always been a big concern for me, but every time we've gone to multiple pediatricians, they've told me it's not a big deal. I try to make sure our OJ has calcium in it and he eats cheese fairly often and has the occaisional chocolate milk, but that's it. And so far he seems just fine. So don't worry too much about the milk thing. :) Also, let me know what you find out in those parenting books! haha. I have a feeling we are right around the corner from that phase with Jason. It's always a challenge, isn't it? Good thing they're so stinkin cute. Miss you guys!
Sorry about your mouth!! Yipes!! Good news is- you won't need to worry about working out if you are only eating smoothies for 2 weeks!! You'll waste away.
Tara! So sorry about your mouth!! Was it a gum graft? James got that a few years ago and it sucked, so I totally feel bad for you. Good luck, I hope you can eat normal foods soon!
Post a Comment