Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The weekly 10 :D

There has been lots happening here in the last week. Here is what we have been up doing this week:
(I am trying to be better blogging at what is going on in our life as a family so I am making a goal to shoot a weekly 10 update on here to remember what happens years from now)
1)Evelyn is on a whole new level of....well how do I say it nicely? Driving us crazy. She won't stop climbing all over Trent. And her new language is Wining 24/7. She currently is treating Lyla like she is a rag doll, and loves to ride her like she is a horse..Yep, she is definitely almost 3.
2)Lyla is moments away from crawling herself. It will happen any day now. She is also making lots of fun talking noises. She is our little cuddle bug.
3)We had been planning it for at least a year. Once we got our tax returns this year, we would sell my car and get an SUV. Oh man we were excited...MOSTLY ME!! We looked so much on KSL. And found some beauties = 2007 Yukons, black and in great shape. We showed up to test drive one. And one of the guys at the dealership took it for a test drive to St. George or something. A little disappointed we went home and found some more on KSL we were going to test drive on Mon. However, on Sunday....we got to thinking. All of the sudden it occurred to us that we have gone this long with out having a larger vehicle. We could probably just hang on to my Saturn for a while longer. Trent and I agreed to think about it the whole day. Went to church and guess what every speaker/teacher was talking about? Money, & needs and wants. Yep, thanks HF for sending us a pretty clear message that right now is not the time. Probably in the near future. Even though I am still sad about it, we feel very confident about our decision. It made me really proud of us. Instead we are using the money towards things we need. And Trent gave me a good chunk to spend. So, I have been shopping to my hearts content. It's pretty fun. We also got Trent's windshield replaced in the truck and a spanking new car seat for Lyla. She is in heaven now on rides.
4)Got a parking ticket on our the truck parked in front of our house. Blast those stupid BYU police that are out and about at 2 am. We only have one parking pass now. And forgot it was in the saturn and not in the truck at the time. We still think its pathetic that we can't park at our own place without a stupid pass. ugg.
5)Trent is more than 1/2 way done with his online BYU class...he is cruising. And today his couselor called him to tell him great job on his effort:D
6) I bought 2 swimming suits today for $50 at Modbe...they are very cute and amazing. I will be so ready to move down to the HOT NEVADA SUN. Also found a lovely pair of capri workout pants at Nordstrom. That I LOVE. I never shop at department stores...they are so expensive. These pants will be worth the $45 though.
7) I am earnestly trying to pack, prepare for my pilates class, improve my photography skills, clean my house, feed my kiddos, work out, & spend alone time with my amazing husband. it is tough.
8)Went to DI and found some great cookbooks, material for crafting, & dumped some of my junk off there.
9)Pretty sure I broke my toe yesterday. I don't really remember what happened but, know I rammed my foot into the wall. Today I found a bruised/ fat toe. It's been hard to walk on.
10)Got called to be a RS teacher, and am very excited about it. Only 2 months of teaching:D

1 comments:

Annie Leavitt said...

RS teacher is one of my favorite callings-but just because i learn so much.

and i can't tell you guys how smart you are to wait on the car. gas is skyrocketing by the minute and car payments stink!

and congrats on losing all the baby weight that fast! that takes a lot of work so go you!