Tuesday, February 2, 2010

PREGNANCY = STUPID, FORGETFULNESS!!


Ok sooo.. Let me tell you how my brain has been working lately. I know we all go through this pregnant...but wow, I might have it pretty bad this time. The other night I was glowing because I had made dinner, yes for the first time in a while. Trent came home from work and was dishing his up. I heard him yelp from the next room. That burner burned me! Oh I am sorry I should have told you it was still hot. (using 2 burners being a multi-tasker). Poor guy burnt his finger while it was still on medium heat, and it was a good one too. i felt so dumb and bad for that.
Then today I go all the way to Walmart for diapers. Get up early get Evelyn and I dressed and everything...guess what...an hour and 1/2 later. Came home NO DIAPERS...but a bunch of other stuff I had found and convinced myself to stick it in the basket. So, when Evelyn gets up from her nap in like an hour, we will be driving all the way back to Walmart to hopefully pick up...well, diapers!!Ahhh the humanity!!

10 comments:

Rach said...

haha this makes me laugh! It's even funnier b/c not only do I COMPLETELY understand but Ashley Perry has a blog post about the same EXACT thing! hahaha Isn't pregnancy brain the best!

Ty and Marla Stevens said...

OH how I HATE pregnancy brain! I did almost the same thing but with milk. I have heard that it gets worse with each pregnancy. So in other words I better stop now, or who knows what I will forget next!!!

ShEiLa said...

At least you have put your finger on the cause of your absent-minded-ness... I would hate to think that you have early alzheimer's.

Just wait til you get to be my age... then you have to use age as an excuse and who likes to admit that????

ToOdLeS.

TC, Ashley said...

That is so funny that you blogged about this because I blogged about the exact same thing just today. I am glad I am not the only one experiencing it. Hang in there! There are lots of us experiencing the same thing.

Collin & Breena said...

haha I totally know how you feel! Sometimes I can't even think! It's crazy what pregnancy can do to you!

Something Special said...

That happens to me all the time, only I don't have an excuse like pregnancy. Mine just must be old age.

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! Thanks for the laugh this morning! Love ya.

Tiffany said...

I can totally relate to that! When I was pregnant with Caleb I would repeat myself all the time and Isaac would be like, "Um...You just said that". Ha ha! The babies must steal our brain cells.

PS I love the playlist on your blog, sometimes I just come here and listen to all your music!

Nate and Felicia said...

I have done that plenty of times, luckily I live close to the store:) I don't think my forgetfulness has gone away.

Nate and Lynlee said...

Hey! Glad to have your blog! Ok this post is funny. I had "pregnancy brian" too, and still have it!! I drove all the way to draper yesterday just to pick up a stroller, and drove all the way back without one. I forgot!